Applies from Thu 26 Mar 2020, 7.46am to Thu 30 Apr 2020, 7.43am. Last reviewed: Mon 30 Mar 2020, 9.06am.
Closed areas: Royal National Park Visitor Centre and other areas closed
The following parts of Royal National Park are closed until further notice to protect the health and safety of our visitors and staff:
- Wattamolla Beach precinct, including the carpark, lagoon and picnic area
- Garie Beach precinct, with no lifeguard patrols present
- Garawarra Farm carpark (Figure 8 Pools access)
- Bonnie Vale picnic area and campground
- All campgrounds
- Royal National Park Visitor Centre
Other areas of the park currently remain open, including:
- Audley Dance Hall cafe is offering a takeaway service and card payments are preferred
- Walking tracks remain open however, please remember that social distancing and gathering size limits apply in Royal National Park.
This situation may change at short notice, and changes will be posted here.
Applies from Fri 3 Jan 2020, 12.01am to Sat 4 Jan 2020, 11.59pm. Last reviewed: Fri 3 Jan 2020, 12.06pm.
Closed areas: All tracks, trails and remote campgrounds closed
All tracks, trails and remote campgrounds are closed on Friday 3 January 2020 in the following parks:
- Royal National Park
- Heathcote National Park
- Georges River National Park
- Gandangara State Conservation Area
- Garawarra State Conservation Area.
These areas are closed due to a Total Fire Ban.
Applies from Wed 18 Dec 2019, 12.01am to Wed 18 Dec 2019, 11.59pm. Last reviewed: Tue 17 Dec 2019, 4.13pm.
Fire bans: Total Fire Ban
A total fire ban has been declared by the NSW Rural Fire Service. The total fire ban applies for the entire 24-hour period. Total fire ban rules apply. This ban may be extended. To find out where and when total fire bans are currently in effect, please visit the NSW Rural Fire Service.
Applies from Tue 17 Dec 2019, 4.57pm to Sat 21 Dec 2019, 11.59pm. Last reviewed: Wed 18 Dec 2019, 8.28am.
Closed areas: Walking tracks and trails closed
Due to a Total Fire Ban, all walking and cycling tracks, trails and campgrounds in Royal National Park and Heathcote National Park are closed to public access.
Applies from Fri 4 Jan 2019, 12.53pm. Last reviewed: Wed 16 Jan 2019, 3.30pm.
Other planned events: Figure Eight Pools – check the wave risk forecast before visiting
If you’re thinking about visiting Figure Eight Pools, stay safe and check before you go. The new wave risk forecast tool will show you the best day and time to visit and can predict ocean conditions 4 days in advance. For more information please call the Royal National Park Visitor Centre on 02 9542 0648.